Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

This is another Pinterest recipe, tweaked to my family's taste buds. It was pretty good and very filling, lots of protein and fiber and very little fat. The first couple bites I found to be a bit mild to my taste and I was wishing I had added some Rooster sauce, but the heat got stronger as I motored through the bowl and by the end, I would describe it as gringo medium. Pretty tasty, I would make this again. Also, note in the picture the ginormous chunks of onion. I would normally NOT do onions this chunky, but they were crazy-strong and I felt like I was watching Steel Magnolias before I was even halfway through a rough chop.


Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
 

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 16-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
1/4 c. taco seasoning (we buy in bulk at Costco; you can also use 1 packet)
1 t. cumin
1 t. chili powder 
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1T. vinegar
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
   
Combine everything but the chicken in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
Thank you to Pinterest and this blog for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment