Friday, November 18, 2011

Bloody Mary mix+spaghetti sauce=yum!

Tonight we had spaghetti (which if you recall from this week's meal plan was originally planned for Wednesday ... anyway). My husband made it, which was terrific since I was operating on about 2.5 hours of interrupted sleep. He decided to add, beyond the usual tomato, garlic, onion, and red wine ... Bloody Mary mix. He had some leftover in the fridge and splashed some in the sauce. I have to admit, this was genius. It was really good, one of the best red pasta sauces I've had in a long time. I had some ground pork to go in too, and together, with the aforementioned ingredients, it was A-MAZING. Watch the amount of salt you add; between a salty commercial Bloody mix and pasta sauce you could potentially oversalt your sauce and not realize. But try it, and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment