Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pumpkin White Chocolate Oatmeal

A blog that I read, The Heir to Blair, posted an oatmeal recipe this morning, and it sounded soooooo good. I've been trying to eat a lot of oatmeal lately (it's supposed to help maintain supply for nursing moms like me), and the recipe sounded like a nice change, plus an easy way to sneak in a little more veggie into my day. A little advice, my almost-three-year-old was a little bummed when the chocolate chips were melted in and couldn't see them anymore, so you might just sprinkle them on top for kids if you use them.

Pumpkin White Chocolate Oatmeal (serves 2)

Ingredients:
1 c. dry oatmeal
1 3/4 c. water
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
1+ t. raw sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/8 c. white chocolate chips

Prepare oatmeal by package instructions. When it's cooked, remove from heat and stir in pumpkin. Divide between two bowls. To each bowl, add sugar (for my son, I use just a pinch of sugar and for me about a teaspoon) to taste. Sprinkle on cinnamon. I like a heavy sprinkling; not only does it taste good, it can help regulate blood sugar. Win! Then add chocolate chips and stir, they will melt easily. I do all the condiments last so they can be adjusted to each person's taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment