Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cherry Rhubarb Pie

Holy cow, my local grocery store had a huge cherry sale this week! Believe me when I tell you that this never happens. I may have overbought. So ... I made this. And it was GOOD.

Ingredients:

2 pie crusts
3 large rhubarb stalks, chopped
3 cups of cherries, pitted
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. almond extract
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
2 T. tapioca
1/4 c. lime juice

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix everything but the crust together in a large bowl, let it sit for 15 minutes.

Place one crust in a large pie pan, and fill it with the contents of your large bowl. Lattice the top (or just make a full 2-crust pie if you don't want to deal with a lattice).

Cover the edges with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool and serve.

1 comment:

  1. looks yummy! never had a cherry rhubarb pie before!

    ReplyDelete