Monday, March 5, 2012

Crescent Roll Filling Ideas

We don't buy crescent rolls very often at my house. Don't get me wrong, I love them. Probably too much. But they aren't the healthiest thing on the planet and we do try to avoid processed goodies so crescent rolls usually get pushed to the back burner.

When I do buy them, I like to put different fillings in them. My sister and cousin recently got excited about a pin with chocolate chip and peanut butter-filled rolls. I don't know which awesome blogger posted about that, but it was an amazing idea.


Unfortunately for me, when it came time to make them, I didn't have more than a couple tablespoons of peanut butter left. Boo. Nutella and white chocolate chips to the rescue! That was even tastier, in my opinion, than the peanut butter and chocolate chip filling.


The easiest way, for me, to deal with the floppy crescent roll dough is to fill the rolls on a sheet of aluminum foil, then transfer the foil to a baking dish and bake per package instructions. You could arrange them right on your baking dish, too. I used a stoneware pan, which I like to preheat with the oven, so the tin foil was easier.


My sister also made some with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled inside, which sounds amazing. What are some fillings that you like in crescent rolls? Here are some that I like:

  • cheddar cheese
  • ham and Swiss
  • pepperoni and mozzarella (you could use string cheese), dipped in marinara
  • chopped spinach and Parmesan

2 comments:

  1. also tasty with roast beef and provolone or swiss - dipped in au jus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! A friend of mine just made some little pockets with taco meat in them--those looked really good too. The amazing, versatile crescent roll.

    ReplyDelete